Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ch ch ch ch changes...

My principal (site supervisor) was very supportive and excited about my ARP. The one issue that she had was with having some type of paper "currency". I had planned to create something that we would mass produce that every adult would be able to hand out to students when they showed positive behavior. She didn't like the idea of something tangible that both teachers and students would have to keep up with. I can see her point - students losing their currency (or saying they did) could be a real problem. That leads to students accusing other students of stealing, etc. Not good. She wanted the currency to somehow be kept in an online "bank." I was trying to come up with some type of form on our school webpage where teachers could track the positive behaviors they see. Needless to say, I was a little stumped at how to make it functional, easy to use and somewhat appealing to both teachers and students. I had given up on "easy to use" and "appealing" and was down to just creating something functional! And then, like manna from heaven, Patricia mentioned in her response to my post last week about an online software that tracks student behavior. Duh! I hadn't even thought to see if there was already something out there I could use!!! Once I started searching, I actually came across several online programs. Most of them charge some type of fee, but the one that I like the most is absolutely free! Woohoo! It's called Class Dojo and I strongly encourage you to take a look at it. I am super excited about presenting this both to my Leadership Team as well as my teachers. Thanks, Patricia - I owe you big time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers