Sunday, July 21, 2013

To Blog or Not to Blog...


...that is the question! I can understand why educational leaders might not want to blog, such as lack of time or wasted effort, but for those willing to put in the time and effort, blogging can have a positive effect on themselves as well as their peers, students, supervisors, etc. Blogging allows for the free exchange of ideas between members of the same school, but also invites collaboration and communication between members of different schools. This can be an exceptional tool for educators who teach isolated subjects. For example, I am the one and only librarian on my campus. No one really knows everything I deal with on a daily basis except other librarians. Blogging with other librarians, both within my district as well as around the country, allows me to feel connected to my profession in a way that I never did before.

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is a great way to get connected with others in your profession but outside your school. Even though I work with other teachers, I still enjoy talking to teachers in other districts and states.

    ReplyDelete

Followers